Paraprofessionals and Teachers: Are you Serious About Wanting To Help Students Achieve Success? Here’s How To Be A Powerful Collaborative Team!
Technology in Education: How Blending Education and Technology Gives You a Leg Up in Your Profession
Education has changed dramatically over the years. Gone are the days of carrying a bookbag filled with loose leaf paper, pencils, and textbooks. Today, students are much more likely to walk into a classroom with a tablet under their arms and schedule Skype meetings with their professors instead of stopping by office hours.
When you get discouraged in your attempts to help your students, to reach them with your message, remember that one person in your life that made a difference for you. One person CAN make a difference. That person is you. You only need to believe you CAN.
At the heart of all the theories, ideas, and different labels; regardless of the vernacular, what we’re really talking about is adjusting our teaching to respect the way our students learn. It’s about employing strategies that have been proven to work, and adjusting the way we offer learning, based upon the feedback we receive from constant progress monitoring. Ultimately, it is about applying What I like to refer to as Really Terrific Instruction.
As a special education teacher, I always struggled with having to read tests aloud to multiple students at the same time. I would run into some students who would be ahead of me, some behind, and sometimes we wouldn’t even get the test done in a single class period.
Susan’s Specialized Blogs
- The Creativity and Critical Thinking Skills Connection May 20, 2015
- 20 Education Blogs by School Administrators May 17, 2015
- Speech to Text: What’s the Benefit for Writers Whether Students or Adults? May 6, 2015
- How to Make Speech to Text Work for Special Nee...: […] Speech to Text is a tool for people who ...
- Susan Gingras Fitzell M.Ed., CSP: Hi Shelia, Thank you so much for sharing the inf...
- Shelia Banks: Thank you for bringing this topic to life! Co-teac...