Teaching Students with Autism: Excellent article on Teaching Students with Autism. Would love to know your thoughts on the article. Also, feel free to share your best tips for Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
How to Have a Better Memory
Learn what every teacher should know about helping students have better memory, comprehension, and test success! These five steps will help your students learn faster because they incorporate non-linguistic representation (that’s visuals in research jargon) into instruction!
So much information is available on the topic of homework. It’s difficult to break the information down into manageable, useful chunks that make sense. If we consider where to START when it comes to homework, start with the homework environment. What goes on around us while doing homework, study, reading, or any activity that requires concentration, can significantly impact our ability to focus. So, here are three starter tips to avoid homework anxiety.
Angry Children – Angry Teens – How to Talk to Angry Youth is a challenge with which many of us struggle. Angry youth are increasingly posing challenges for parents and teachers. Dealing with angry youth is critical for emotional health.
Here’s one powerful solution in starting that conversation with an angry student or an angry child.
Once we have stored information in long-term memory, it’s filed away by the brain. There are two ways to access that information: recall and recognition.
Susan’s Specialized Blogs
- Educational Technology – Overcoming Obstacles to Successful Implementation October 13, 2014
- Children and Personal Safety: What are you doing about it? October 1, 2014
- Danger! How Assuming That Students Understand Our Words Fails Them October 1, 2014
- Yes, These Five Steps Will Help Your Students L...: […] Teach Using These Five EASY Steps and Wa...
- Math Homework Help -Webmath - a Tutorial Help S...: […] Webmath is a math-help web site that gen...
- Parenting Strategies that Reduce Symptoms of Au...: […] Reduce Symptoms of Autism […...