We live in a culture of blame. Everything is someone else’s fault. This idea is reinforced by television, media, and what we see in the news. Frivolous lawsuits, high insurance rates; everything is someone else’s fault. One of the things that kids struggle with is taking ownership for their own behavior.
Teaching Students with Autism: Excellent article on Teaching Students with Autism. Would love to know your thoughts on the article. Also, feel free to share your best tips for Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
How to Have a Better Memory
Learn what every teacher should know about helping students have better memory, comprehension, and test success! These five steps will help your students learn faster because they incorporate non-linguistic representation (that’s visuals in research jargon) into instruction!
So much information is available on the topic of homework. It’s difficult to break the information down into manageable, useful chunks that make sense. If we consider where to START when it comes to homework, start with the homework environment. What goes on around us while doing homework, study, reading, or any activity that requires concentration, can significantly impact our ability to focus. So, here are three starter tips to avoid homework anxiety.
Angry Children – Angry Teens – How to Talk to Angry Youth is a challenge with which many of us struggle. Angry youth are increasingly posing challenges for parents and teachers. Dealing with angry youth is critical for emotional health.
Here’s one powerful solution in starting that conversation with an angry student or an angry child.
Susan’s Specialized Blogs
- Motivating vs Enabling: How to Motivate Students When They are Stuck November 20, 2014
- A Memory Strategy; Chunking, Processing, and Paraphrasing November 13, 2014
- Motivating Students to be Engaged Learners, in 30 Days or Less November 12, 2014
- Educational Technology - Overcoming Obstacles t...: […] Identify the Obstacles to Successful Edu...
- Yes, These Five Steps Will Help Your Students L...: […] Teach Using These Five EASY Steps and Wa...
- Math Homework Help -Webmath - a Tutorial Help S...: […] Webmath is a math-help web site that gen...