For more than two decades, I’ve worked hand in hand with teachers in classrooms throughout the USA helping them implement co-teaching models. We’ve worked together to find solutions to questions like:
- How do we find the time to use co-teaching models and differentiate instruction and still cover the content?
- How do I work with a co-teacher who is not an expert in the content area so that students benefit?
- How do I maintain academic rigor and not lose struggling students?
- How do I ensure that my students receive the services they should as part of co-teaching without pulling them aside and stigmatizing them?
- How should my co-teaching partner and I divide responsibilities, whether for preparation or actual teaching?
I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t in an inclusive, co-taught classroom. My mission is to support your success, while pointing out the pitfalls to avoid, through my books, seminars, and coaching.